Where I ponder the things that I’m pondering
I loved Pinky & the Brain, truly. Honestly, anything clever that also makes me laugh will win in my book — and some of Pinky & the Brain was just spectacularly clever.
Of course, my favorite part was always The Brain, asking Pinky, if Pinky was pondering what The Brain was pondering. The answers varied, wildly, in every episode, but my favorite was “I think so, Brain, but burlap chafes me so.”
If you’re looking for a fun way to spend some time, and to giggle, here’s a list of Pinky & the Brain ponderings.
We’ll never know, precisely, what Pinky was thinking, but maybe you can get to the bottom of what I’ve been pondering lately.
- One of the things that caught me in listening to Zodiac was just how precise the estimates of the Zodiac’s height were, as reported by passers-by and survivors. I figured there was some method that the police used to aid everyone in calculating a height . . . because, well, most everyone, to me, is “somewhere between five feet and six feet tall.” If you’re above that range, you’re “tall.” If you’re below that range, you’re “short.”
Does being tall limit one’s ability to judge height? If so, where is that “tall” line drawn?
- Why, when reading about serial killers, must you assume that every single person you meet on the street might be a serial killer?
- I’m truly shocked that some sport hasn’t been able to capitalize on the post-football-hangover that is the weeks after the Super Bowl.
- Why isn’t there a safe and effective way to drink and work out at the same time?
- I wish there was a way that I could peek into the future to see if I’d ever be able to publish a book or musical, as, like Harry Potter in the Goblet of Fire, knowing you can do it is sometimes all you need to know to get something done.
- Why didn’t any of the quarters that I planted in my backyard, as I was growing up, grow into money trees?
- What if god was one of us? Just a slob like one of us? Just a stranger on the bus, trying to find his way home?
- Why do I have such grand plans for myself when I think about what I might accomplish, if given the time . . . and then find myself sitting in bed watching movies when I actually have said time?
- Why haven’t I been able to string together more than a few cohesive sentences lately?