Where I let the crazy come as it may.
It’s Friday, and I’m exhausted. This shouldn’t be surprising to any of you. Exhausted has become my status quo.
So, we present, to you, a stream of consciousness.
- I’ve started reintroducing meat to my life. Simply, I wasn’t being very careful about what I was eating, and I’m pretty sure that chicken broth, lard, and gelatin were working their way into my diet regularly between soups, pie, and red wine. And, I really, really wanted a “real Thanksgiving meal.”
- I have just over two weeks until the marathon, and my longest run is 16 miles. I’m worried, especially since it looks like we’ll get a lot of snow and I won’t be able to sneak a long run in this weekend.
- With that said, my pace has become faster & faster. Once I set my brain to auto-run, I’m churning out 8:45 miles, mile after mile. The marathon course is one that kicked my ass – I’m hoping to chop a full hour off of last year’s time.
- I gave my dogs a bath last night. They did not love me for that. Although I do love the “what the heck did they do that was so bad?” look they give me every time I take the kids into the bath.
- I refuse to believe that I ever possessed the ability to fight sleep like my son does.
- I’ve started making homemade jalapeño poppers. My last batch were especially yummy . . . and because I baked them, I can pretend they’re “good for me.”
- I managed to get $150 worth of free clothing from Bonobos.com, which was pretty cool. The stuff there is priced way above anything I’d ever spend on myself, but, if it’s free – hey. How I did this was:
- Signed up for Runkeeper on my iPhone.
- Linked by Runkeeper Account with Earndit.com.
- Ensured that I was tracking every single time I walked my dogs or ran or cycled.
- Almost 12 months later, I had enough credits for a $100 gift certificate and a $50 gift certificate . . . and, unlike most of the reward offers, these didn’t have a “for up to half of your order” caveat, so I ordered myself two pairs of shorts (because I wear shorts year-round, and my old shorts were, woefully, large on me) and a pink dress-shirt.
- I’m both eager to get started and shockingly terrified of National Novel Writer’s Month. I truly think I’m a half-decent writer, but I don’t always do well when I need to write from day to day to day . . . I’m much more a “quirky anecdote” guy.
- I’m watching Shaun of the Dead tonight – provided that I can stay awake after putting the kids to bed. If I’m still awake after that, I’ll watch Dawn of the Dead. And, if I’m still awake after that, I’ll watch Sense & Sensibility because, really, I’ll need to go to sleep.
- My stepbrother is getting married tomorrow. Well, he’s already married, but the wedding reception is tomorrow. Of course, mother nature is thinking about dropping the better part of a foot of snow in NJ, so I have no idea what will actually happen.
- Isn’t it lunchtime yet?