|« Where I cook with tater tots, sausage, and cheese||Where I guest post at the Mad Woman’s, talking about baseball & blowjobs »|
Where the topics I write about range from bacon to zombies to Strawberry Shortcake.
- I keep meaning to start a technical blog post series, titled “Techie Tuesdays,” where the first post will be explaining the way HTML works. But, it’s really fucking hard to write an entertaining blog post about how HTML works.
- I missed that today (Chinese New Year) is a holiday in the Philippines . . . every Monday, I start the day, at the office, with a 6am video call with my employees in Manila. I nearly called to say that I wasn’t going to make it to the office, because the roads were icy, but I made it in. Only to be stood up. Because I can’t read a calendar.
- Not having the call meant that I sat down to a nice breakfast . . . bacon & hashbrowns & eggs & coffee.
- I can eat breakfast foods for forever.
- And sushi.
- Seriously, I’m pretty sure that, if you created a breakfast food & sushi buffet, I’d make John Pinette’s “Chinese Buffet” bit seem like amateur eating.
- I’m between therapists right now – I just never felt comfortable with my last guy . . . I’ve had my sessions on Monday afternoons, between work & symphony rehearsal.
Today is my first “free” afternoon, as I haven’t found a new therapist. I’m actually considering working out through the entire time that I’d normally spend in therapy, instead of at a bar, having a few beers (which is what I did before therapy).
I don’t know if this is progress or not.
- I can’t write “Therapists” without thinking of Celebrity Jeopardy and Sean Connery trying to answer a question from “The Rapists”
- The previous is the closest we’ll ever get to an acceptable rape joke.
- I “shaved” my head with clippers this morning, which means that I used my clippers at their shortest-possible setting. I am really, really tempted to follow up, next time, with a razor1.
- I’m using Netflix streaming to introduce my kids to the classics that I grew up with. This weekend, I introduced them to He-Man, and the Masters of the Universe. Damn, that was a bad cartoon. I remember, in college, lamenting the end of the “afternoon cartoons,” because it was all Power-Rangers this and Power-Rangers that2, and I really thought that kids just “didn’t know what was good.” But, I’m not so sure that I knew “what was good” when I was a kid, now.
- Thundercats, however, will always rock my socks off. As will Captain Caveman. And I’ll always believe in Turtle Power. Voltron, I fear, while I loved it, is nearly unwatchable these days. The jury is still out on Thundercats.
- My daughter loves Strawberry Shortcake. I remember making fun of Strawberry Shortcake, and Rainbow Brite, as a kid, though my sister loved them. I knew that’d come back to bite me.
- On the topic of shows from my youth, I recently discovered a “Brony3” in my inner-circle. That he was embarrassed to admit his love of a TV show saddens me, though I’ll admit that I’m quite confused — maybe the new My Little Pony stuff is very different than what I grew up with.
- I am giddy for the return of The Walking Dead, but I also lament the fact that everyone is now into the thing I like that, if I wanted to discuss openly, had to be done in hushed wispers in the back of a bar. I’ve had hours of discussions about zombie movies & zombie battle tactics & zombie lore. Now, you can just walk up to someone & talk about zombies & you’re not seen as “weird.”
- I am pretty weird. Also, that last bullet point had lots of ampersands in it.
And I never, ever have to worry about doing my hair in the mornings.