|« Where I have the bright idea to take my toddlers camping||Where I recap 4th of July happenings »|
Where I force the disjointed thoughts out of my head
- There has been minimal-to-no bounceback from the weight-loss when I was sick. Therefore, I’m claiming that most of the weight-loss was more-related to my lack of alcohol than the actual sickness.
- There were a shit-ton of hyphens in that first bullet point.
- After drinking far too much over the camping weekend, I’m giving my liver a break for the week. And, I fear, because of that, I gave myself an excuse to eat like absolute crap yesterday . . . I’m really, really not proud of the food decisions I made. But, damn, are Doritos delicious or what?
- Next week is tech-week for the Carlisle Summerfest Musical, (The Pajama Game). It’s going to be a very, very long week, as that many rehearsals make me tired.
- If you’re local to Central PA, or just feel like driving out to Carlisle – the musical is free (just make sure you arrive a bit early to guarantee a seat — see, with a free performance, sometimes every seat gets taken for a performance), and it looks like it’s going to be pretty good. And, I’ll be playing bass in the pit, and who doesn’t want to see that?
- As I was making the rounds before leaving work this morning, I kissed Duffy, then CJ, and then went to kiss Leila. She said “No kiss, daddy,” and proceeded to push my face away as I went to kiss her. While I know she was just playing around (she was giggling the whole time she did it), this hurt my feelings more than I like to admit.
- I woke up on Tuesday with a swollen ankle. Now, my Mondays are crazy, and I had pushed myself hard at the gym, but I don’t recall doing anything that could have left me with an ankle sprain like the one I had. Because of this, I haven’t run this week. My crazy seems to increase whenever I cannot run or write. I’d put the warning level at “fuchsia.”
- CJ has been ultra-cuddly as of late (which really helps when dealing with a daughter who decides it’s fun to withhold kisses) — sometimes, he’ll just be in the middle of whatever he’s doing (like having action figures attack each other, or pounding “bad guys” into pulp on the Wii), stop, and come up for a hug. I know this won’t last, but it’s sure good for right now.
- Leila has entered a tutu phase. Seriously, the only thing that you can get her to wear, aside from a tutu, is zebra print. This means, on Monday into Tuesday, she wore a tutu for something like 36 straight hours. And she’s really, really liking the color pink. I’m not one to try to dictate what my kids want, but I’m not really sure I was ready for a “girly girl.”
- Speaking of things I’m not really sure about, while I fear there might be a “of course my kids are going to be great” in it, I really think my kids are going to be among the ultra-good-looking when they get to school. CJ has the bluest of eyes, really curly hair, and dimples that you can use to measure out shots with. Leila has penetrating brown eyes, hair that is falling into ringlets, and the quickest smile I’ve ever seen on a toddler. I have absolutely zero personal experience of being “the good looking kid” in school. And now I fear I’m going to have to raise two of them.
- If I had an extra hour in every day, I’d be taking regular yoga classes. If I had two extra hours in every day, I’d take regular yoga classes and I’d re-enroll myself in Kung Fu. If I had three extra hours in every day, though, I think I’d sleep in and start swimming more regularly.
- There is a potential sprint triathlon around the corner that I need to figure out if I want to sign up for now, or not. I haven’t been seriously swimming since the last sprint triathlon; while I can probably shave 10 minutes off of the cycle time, and 5 minutes off of the run time, from last year’s triathlon, I fear my elapsed time will actually increase.
- I have had “Do Wah Diddy Diddy” stuck in my head all day.