Where I relax and just type what crosses my mind
- I’ve managed at least one visit to the same gym for the past 21 weeks. I think this deserves some kind of special award.
- I’m trying to cut back on caffeine. I’m failing miserably.
- I, however, have cut way back on alcohol intake . . . but I worry that the primary reason for this is to lessen my tolerance.
- Also, I’m out of red wine at my house, but I’ve been too lazy to buy another
boxbottle. So I’ve been drinking white.
- I don’t really like white wine, so I haven’t been drinking very much of it.
- I fear my kids have learned that they’re cute, and when they smile, they can often get whatever they might want from me.
- I always knew that I’d be able to mold the likes & dislikes of my children. What I did not anticipate was having a son who will beg to watch Star Wars, episode after episode of Doctor Who, The Princess Bride, Labyrinth, and Doctor Horrible’s Singalong Blog.
- Actually, the most requested DVD might be The Goonies but I might admit that there are some themes that might be best served if we wait until he’s, like 4, or something.
- I’m going camping with a bunch of friends & Tweeps1 in June and that makes me shiver…. with anticipation2.
- I’ve lost enough weight that I had to order a new tuxedo — the one I had was simply falling off of me. Of course, I ordered it on eBay (for a steal) so I couldn’t try it on, and it appears that I need to lose just a little more
weightfat before it fits me right.
- I only have one committed long race – the Virginia Wine Country Half Marathon . . . it feels very odd to not have three or four endurance events lined up. But, with the kids and entrance fees and enjoying the feeling of sitting on my couch, it’s probably for the best.
- While, because I don’t have a lot of races lined up, I haven’t been running quite as much as I used to, my times are getting markedly better — I credit the weight lifting I’m doing (see point one).
- I read 50 Shades of Grey and will have a full review posted soon (likely on another site). Let me just say, what a crock of horrible writing. You know, it’s funny – I enjoy campy more than most anyone I know . . . but you have to own the camp. Realize that “this is over the top, and cheesy, and we didn’t want to put the effort in to make this good . . . so we’re just having fun with it.” 50 Shades – well, it was just bad. I can forgive plot holes – heck, I loved Bel Canto and there were holes in that plot that you could have flown the 747 carrying the space shuttle through, but it had truly remarkable & rememberable characters. There were two main characters in 50 Shades, and I wanted to smack both of them. At the end of the book, the only character I felt any sort of connection to was Taylor, the manservant, and that’s just because he seemed to be a ninja.
- I’ve gotten really, really good at making really, really bad-for-me foods. I believe I can go toe-to-toe against most anyone in cook-offs for the following:
- Jalapeno Poppers
- Mashed Potatoes
- Macaroni & Cheese (I deep fry the leftovers)
- I think it’s about time that I get more serious about writing my musical.
- To get the bad taste of 50 Shades out of my mouth, I started listening to the audiobook of The Stand. Wouldn’t you know that, within minutes, I had a major sneeze infestation.
Also, while I know we’re well beyond the statute of limitations on giving anything within The Stand away, um, can we say that the survivors of Captain Trips have The Shining?
- All work and no play makes John a dull boy.