|« Where I remember just how special the title of “daddy” can be||Where I notice a horrendous smell »|
Where I let the random fly
- I ate like crap over the weekend. Between friends coming over, and the Super Bowl, and it being February1, I splurged. A lot. So, I’m declaring the scale my mortal enemy.
- I can’t believe there used to be a time that I was really worried about CJ’s speech. While CJ started walking very early, he really didn’t speak at all. Now, I come home from work and he tells me all about his day – heck, he is even particular about tenses, making sure that I know the difference between the things he wants to do and the things he already did.
- I know I keep saying it, but I really want to start work on my left-arm sleeve tattoo shortly. I’ve written songs for each of my children, so it will be the sheet music of each song, ribboning around my arm. My bicep will have CJ’s song interspersed with a Phoenix. My forearm will have Leila’s song wrapped around a Thunderbird.
- The other day, at the gym, I ran into someone with a swastika tattoo over his chest, and a white-supremacist remark, in German, across his back. I had a very, very hard time not judging him. He also sported several other Nordic rune tattoos . . . I’ve always had a fascination with Nordic runes, and have actually thought about a personalized Ægishjálmur (going so far as to work with a runic expert to design one) but I’m having a hard time disassociating them now.
- I’m ready for a change in weather so that I can start running more.
- My new go-to activity at the gym has been the rowing machine – but damn, does that lead for some sore butt muscles the next day.
- I really thought I might be able to keep up the “reduced coffee intake” thing up throughout 2013. I was wrong.
- I miss going to Kung Fu regularly.
- I’m re-watching the episodes of Breaking Bad, in order . . . damn, that’s a good show.
- I have an extraordinarily fun gig set up for Saturday . . . only I’m rehearsing all day long. I may be a bit crazy Saturday night.
- I’m stuck as to my next audiobook — I just finished Strip Tease by Carl Hiaasen and Dave Barry just released a new novel . . . but going from a humorous & snarky novel based (and about) South Florida to a humorous & snarky novel based (and about) South Florida might just be a little too Floridarific for me.
- I should write about the time that I bought Dave Barry a beer.
- I originally wrote “bear” in that previous sentence.