Where I catch my breath from a busy weekend with a large bucket of random
This weekend, I:
- Hosted out-of-town-guests
- Wrapped up the run of Jesus Christ, Superstar at the Carlisle Theatre Company, which included shows on Friday & Saturday nights before a Sunday matinee
- Went to Hershey Park with the family & bunches of other friends
- Ran a half marathon (more about this in the next day or two)
- Introduced the game Munchkin to a group of tween/teen boys
I’m tired – I think I’m just coherent enough to write so that everything makes sense, but not quite with-it enough to actually care about anything making sense.
- I’m tempted to eat lunches of roasted beets & asparagus, and only roasted beets & asparagus, every day. The reason? If I were to end up in a bad accident and I ended up unconscious in a hospital bed, the head-scratching that severely discolored, foul-smelling urine collected from a catheter would be amusing. Except that, well, that might lead to tests that are completely unnecessary.
- I commonly think truly morbid thoughts like the previous entry. There may be something wrong with me.
- Well, yeah, there’s PLENTY wrong with me. So I don’t even really know why I’m writing this.
- I’m wickedly excited for Thanksgiving. Yeah, I know we have Halloween to get through, and Thanksgiving is just a lead-in to the over-blown Christmas-extravaganza-season, but I like the the concept of “lots of food, lots of family.”
- The relatively mild summer combined with, seemingly, exceptionally low temperatures for early fall has me truly concerned about what this winter might bring, temperature & precipitation-wise.
- For someone who really tries to “eat clean,” in spend an exorbitant amount of time fantasizing about all-you-can-eat buffets1.
- Over the crazy weekend, I never had time to shave my head, meaning the hair on my head has moved from “prickly” to “soft & fuzzy”.
- I have most of my Christmas shopping done.
- Benjie, the new dog, does not understand why squirrels do not want to play with him.
- Pip, the cat, has essentially become an outdoor cat since Benjie’s arrival.
- I drink a lot of green tea while at work.
- I’m kind of excited about the prospect of the Royals winning the world series.
- I’ve been thinking about what I want for dinner as I’ve written this entire post.